PLEASE DON’T TALK ABOUT ME WHEN I’M GONE
written by Tobias Manderson-Galvin
Co-produced by Les Foules and MKA, Please Don’t Talk About Me When I’m Gone is a suite of dystopian parables nailing the collective unease of the Greater North / Middle West / FiniteEverywhereLand.
1. They Shoot Ponies, Don’t They: A girl grows up to become what she always wanted to be, a horse.
2. The Shepherdess & the Saviour, Beauty Queens: Two Miss Worlds promise you peace (of mind).
3. From Earth: Why bureaucrats best not read Logan’s Run.
4. “The Jack the Ripper Experience”: A distillation of pop-rape culture trade, with a chaser.
5. Please Don’t Talk About Me: Let’s not ruin the ending.
“Fresh, demanding, and brilliantly subversive…theatre that runs and slams itself against the limits of convention”
“This show is funny, it is poignant, it is theatre daring to say something important. It criticises and lampoons some of the absurd realities that surround us all. Go and see this play.” ★★★★ –Londonist
“Clear-eyed director Nathalie Adlam, and her four-strong cast – Ayesha Tansey, Nadege Adlam, Sarah Fraser and Norma Butikofer [are] alternately funny, unfunny, past control and deeply affecting.”
“a punk grandeur – scattering, bamboozling, then stark, plain and pained” ★★★★ –londontheatre1.com
“Beautifully brutal…hits you like a freight train” –Adam Hemming
PLEASE DONT TALK ABOUT ME WHEN IM GONE
Writer – Tobias ‘Lucky Tobie’ Manderson-Galvin
Director – Nathalie Adlam
Performers – Sarah Fraser, Ayesha Tansey, Nadège Adlam, & Norma Butikofer
Stage/Costume Designer – Manuela Harding
Sound Designer – Lawrence Kendrick